Monday, October 13, 2014

New additions (native plant sale!)



Well, folks, I wasn't gonna do it. I even told James that I wouldn't. "James, you're in luck this year," I said. "You don't have to go to the October native plant sale at the Wildflower Center." I just figured whatever we'd plant probably wouldn't make it over the winter. Then I looked back at last fall's purchases....we only lost two.

So off we went Sunday morning! As always, we had the best time. Here are our new additions:
  
Golden dalea (2)  
Salvia greggi 'Raspberry'
Snapdragon vine 'Red' (2)

(also a baby yellow yucca and tahoka daisy)

I also received a tropical butterflyweed from the Blanco County Master Gardeners chapter Saturday (I talked about spiders with visitors during the morning half of their Gardening FUNdamentals). Thank you!






No comments:

Post a Comment